Do you have a good reason for not creating fresh, valuable content online? Common excuses include not having enough time, hating to write, not knowing what to say, lack of focus, and self-centeredness.
The greatest impediment to content creation is believing you don’t have enough time. Because we all are given the same number of minutes in every day, this is a flimsy excuse at best. You can overcome this barrier:
• Delegate the task.
• Hire a ghostwriter.
• Turn off the TV.
• Get off the Internet.
• Make it a priority.
A second barrier is hating to write. Perhaps you had a bad experience with writing in school or you’ve been told you don’t write well. You can overcome this barrier by creating content in different formats:
• Record an interview.
• Create a podcast.
• Host a Webinar.
• Video yourself speaking on your topic.
• create content that reflects your conversational style instead.
Not knowing what to say or write is also a stumbling block. Ask yourself these questions before you start the content creation process and you will overcome this difficulty:
• What problems do my ideal clients face?
• What needs do they have?
• What are they searching for?
• How can I help them?
• What solutions can I offer?
Once you ask these questions, you may discover another challenge. You have so much to share, and you want to get your valuable information to prospects as soon as possible so you could easily produce massive amounts of information. One of the known problems is unfocused content. You need to learn to overcome this temptation:
• Pick one theme and write a series of articles instead of one extremely long article.
• Stick to one topic per blog post.
• Let each page of your Web site have a single focus instead of trying to answer every question your visitors might ever have.
The final difficulty to overcome is self-centeredness. Your audience needs to know enough about you to know, like, and trust you when the time comes to take action. Such things like:
• Your ideal clients’ needs
• The benefits they are searching for
• The solutions necessary for their problems
Attract your ideal clients with valuable information. Overcome the five barriers to creating great content with these simple steps. Manage your time. Use different formats. Ask the right questions. Focus. Make your content about your prospects’ needs.